Shifting can be hectic and also time-consuming as there are multiple tasks to be taken care of and that is the reason why people are looking for changing residential address before hiring packers and movers Paradip. Yes, it is one of the most important tasks to be carried out during the moving process and it is none other than changing your address.
It would be better to make a checklist for changing your address so that you can keep track of how to achieve them before the relocation takes place.
Are you still confused about the steps involved in addressing change?
Don’t worry our guide will aid you in collecting all the details you need and lead you through all the steps for updating your address effectively and in a tranquil manner.
Checklist of all the significant places for changing your address
Before starting the process to change address, keep a few details in mind such as:-
- Keep precise details of the postal address with a new pin code ready.
- Deciding on the type of address change whether it is temporary or permanent.
- You have to determine if the change of address is only for you or your entire family.
Once you are ready with all the above-mentioned arrangements and details, you can start the process of changing the address:-
Visiting the local post office to change the address
The first step of changing the address is to make sure that your mail also moves with you. You can easily update the address by visiting your local post office two weeks before engaging the relocation services and requesting them to update the new address.
Visiting the local registration office
One of the essential tasks is to take care of the transfer of vehicle registration. You have to obtain a ‘No Objection Certificate’ or NOC from the RTO office in your city and submit other important documents for verification.
Utility Service Providers
Changing address in the office branches of electricity and branches
This is one of the crucial tasks you must do immediately after knowing your new address and the actual date of your shift by the Packers and Movers Paradip.
You can inform your service provider about the disconnection of these utilities in your old address on the actual moving date along with requesting a reconnection at your new place before the day of the relocation.
Arranging for Phone & Internet connection
It is reasonable to say that it is going to be completely impossible to live without a phone or internet at your new place. So, here you have to do the following:-
- If you have a landline or postpaid connection at your old home, you need to inform your service provider about your new address. This request and information will help them to re-provide your old connection at your new home, and also send bills on time without any difficulties.
- If you have a Broadband internet connection, you will have to inform your internet service provider within 3 days before your actual date of moving for disconnection and reconnection of your internet connection, to spend quality time at your new home without any worries.
- Contacting gas agencies
It can be a challenging moment for you if you forgot to request your gas agency for reconnection at your new home.
Hence, it’s will be better for you to inform your gas agency two weeks before your actual moving date, so that you can prepare delicious food for your family in your new home.
Cable TV Connection
If you and your family members want to have a good time at the new location then a cable TV connection is mandatory. Hence inform your cable TV service provider about the new address along with a request for reconnection at the new place.
When & How to Update New Address?
- Four to five weeks before your day of shifting, start gathering all the essential
- information like your account numbers, legal details, passwords, and other personal details required for completing the change of address.
- Make sure to cancel subscriptions that you don’t want to receive anymore. The fewer emails you receive, the more suitable it will be for changing the address.
- Two weeks before the relocation process, start the real process of changing the address. You can start with the post office & banks as it will take time for you to see the changes.
- Inform utility service providers about your date of relocation so that you don’t have to spend your first few nights in a new place without having water or electricity.
- After relocating to your new home, update all your online services and memberships such as online shopping sites, streaming sites, magazine subscriptions, and so on.
- Also, if you have moved to a new city, make sure to update the address for the registration for your two or four-wheelers.
Changing your address can be a chaotic affair and needs a lot of planning and preparation. Following this complete guide for address change can make your tasks simple and can help you update your address on time so that you will not have to face any trouble after shifting to your new home. You must also remember to start early so that you can stay comfortable and unperturbed in your new home.